And while many people are impressed with that sort of growth, others are, quite rightly, skeptical.
How do you literally multiply your sales revenue in a relatively short period of time?
The truth is, there are a LOT ot ways to do it. But let’s focus on the simplest approach. The one that seems to work best for the majority of people in general, and certainly the majority of our clients.
And it starts with maximizing revenue from your existing client base, while supplementing with new business.
In fact, it’s the simplest!
Easier to say, a little more challenging to do.
But in a nutshell, here’s how it works:
Let’s say you sold $250,000 to your existing client base over the course of the last year, but you feel confident that you could get those same people to spend $300,000, or maybe $350,000 or maybe even $400,000 with you, with the right approach of course, over the next year.
Cool! So now you go from $250,000 to maybe $300,000 or $350,000 or $400,000. That’s great!
But if your goal is to be at a million, that still leaves a shortfall of $600,000 to $700,000. Which is a big number if you’re currently doing $250,000.
So if you want to hit your goal, you’re going to need to focus on maximizing revenue from your existing client base, to get them to the $350 to $400,000 mark that you estimated, while also adding or layering in another $600 to $650 thousand in gross sales from new business to get you to your million dollar number.
Now, can you do that in a year?
Well, if you use the same approach that got you to $250, then probably not. Especially if you’ve been using that $250,000 approach and languishing in that sales range for a long period of time.
But what if you were using a different approach? A better approach?
Even better than that, what if you were using different and better approaches in Four Key Areas?
First: Client Reactivation:
Having a system to get your former and lapsed clients to reengage with you, reorder, and spend more money. Because when you multiply the number of returning customers, it helps you to multiply your sales.
Second: Account Penetration:
Getting more of the people inside the organizations you’re already working with to place more of their business with you. Because when you multiply the number of people you’re dealing with inside an organization, it becomes a lot easier to multiply your sales revenue with that company.
Third: Customer Acquisition:
This is the most obvious one… getting more of the prospects, essentially meaning all the people you interact with, to choose you over your competitors and place more orders with you. Because when you multiply the number of prospects convering into clients, it also allows you to multiply your sales revenue. And…
Fourth: Market Multiplication:
This is where it really gets fun. This allows you to pull more business from people, industries and markets that have never spent a single dime with you.
Think of it this way. If you’re currently pulling most of your business from one primary market, whether that’s a geographic market, or an industrial market, or even just a program or product specialty, what’s likely to happen if you start pulling business from two markets? Or four markets? Or eight markets? You get the idea. When you multiply the number of markets you’re selling to, it’s easier to multiply your sales.
Of course, some of those markets might spend a lot less than the ones you’re used to working with.
But… some of them might spend a whole lot more. Especially, when you’re proactive about who you’re targeting.
And most businesses are not.
So obviously, when you’re focused on the right things, it becomes a whole lot easier to multiply your sales. It’s also a lot more likely!
Of course, the big variable here is almost ENTIRELY about what you’re doing, and how you’re doing it. What you’re saying, and how you’re saying it. Who you’re approaching and how you are approaching them.
If you’re looking for the simplest way to improve your results dramatically, you don’t have to change everything you’re doing. However, you will very likely have to change how you’re doing some of those things. Specifically, in the four key areas that we just discussed.
OK, so right now, at this point, after this ramble, you have three primay choices. You can:
- A.) Completely disregard everything I just told you, and continue on with business as usual.
- B.) Use the four key areas I mentioned as a guidepost, and take a do-it-yourself appoach to figuring out all the steps, the details, the processes and procedures to make it happen or
- C.) If you’re even remotely open to the idea of having a conversation about the simplest way to put our proven systems and processes in the Four Key Areas to work for you, then go to topsecrets.com/keys and schedule a call to see if it makes sense for us to talk about working together.
If it does, great! I’d love to work with you.
And if it doesn’t, that’s great too! We’ll have a conversation, we’ll get closure, and it’ll probably still spark a lot of ideas about things that you can implement, on your own, going forward to multiply your sales and improve your results. So it’s a win-win!
If you’re open to that — if you’re open to improving your business in the Four Key Areas I just mentioned, go to topsecrets.com/keys and let’s talk!
Ready to Explore the 4 Simplest Ways to Multiply Your Sales?
If so, check out the five primary ways we help promotional product distributors grow:
- Just Getting Started? If you (or someone on your team) is just getting started in promotional products sales, learn how we can help.
- Need Clients Now? If you’re already grounded in the essentials of promotional product sales and just need to get clients now, click here.
- Want EQP/Preferential Pricing? Are you an established industry veteran doing a significant volume of sales? If so, click here to get End Quantity Pricing from many of the top supplier lines in the promo industry.
- Time to Hire Salespeople? If you want to hire others to grow your promo sales, click here.
- Ready to Dominate Your Market? If you’re serious about creating top-of-mind-awareness with the very best prospects in your market, schedule a one-on-one Strategy Session here.