Ready to Dominate Your Market? Read or listen to the blog/podcast below, then enter your questions in the box at the bottom of this page.
Visit any city in the world and you will find a slew of businesses and salespeople, each virtually indistinguishable from the next. Same approach, same products, same pitch — dull as dishwater! If you don’t want this to be you, you better figure out how you’re going to differentiate yourself quickly and dominate your market!
So let’s talk today about one of my favorite topics: Total Market Domination.
That sounds like it would be tough to accomplish, doesn’t it? But it’s really not as difficult as it seems, primarily because of the apathy, lack of knowledge and laziness of much of your competition! The fact is, many businesses are just so busy simply trying to stay alive, it never even occurs to them to try to dominate their markets.
Of course, there are exceptions. I know that, because many of my clients ARE the exceptions. But here’s the thing… If market domination seems totally unrealistic to you, you won’t even attempt it. So start with this:
What exactly is the market you want to dominate?
Is it the world? A continent? A country?
OK, Doctor Evil, world conquest might be a tad unrealistic, so maybe start smaller. Is it a state? A city? Is it one particular area of a city?
If you want to make market domination happen, start with just a small subset of your desired market.
Could you dominate one industrial park within a city? One building within that industrial park? One floor of a building? How about just the area to the right of the elevators on the third floor of one building. Could you dominate that?
To begin your domination plan, slice it up! Establish sub-markets. Get in there with a proven customer acquisition plan that allows you to quickly create top of mind awareness with exactly the market you want to dominate. Take action on that plan, move forward on it — even a little at a time — and start dominating!
This is not rocket science. It’s something I do with my Total Market Domination clients all the time. And it is amazing how much traction you can get and how quickly you can get that traction and create those levels of awareness when you know how to do it… and when you truly make it your focus.
Of course, if you knew how to dominate your market, you would have already done it by now, right?
So what are a few of the components necessary to dominate your market? We cover a lot in my training materials, but for purposes of today’s podcast, we’ll hit just a few.
First, it has to occur to you. If you never consider the idea it can’t happen.
Next, it requires:
- Desire. You have to want to do it, or you certainly never will. You also have to make it a priority.
- Vision. You need to be able to picture it in your mind before you can ever create it in the real world. What does market domination look like to you? Who will you be interacting with? Where will you spend the majority of your time? What types of clients will you have? Who else needs to be involved?
- Direction. This means knowing exactly where you are now, where you want to go and how you intend to get there.
This leads into the big three: Plan, Formula and Action
So what’s your plan for making it happen? What is the specific formula you’ll use to quickly qualify the good prospects in and disqualify the bad prospects out. Here’s a hint, the Lead Qualification Procedure in my customer acquisition training is a great place to start.
It’s also going to take persistence, better-than-average performance (because average performance in our industry is really pretty sad.) It will take a staff committed to the process — even if it’s just you, starting out as a staff of one.
It will also take a commitment to accuracy and speed.
Why? Because accuracy creates exceptional results and client loyalty, and speed creates momentum. And you can’t dominate much of anything without momentum!
These are a few of the things it takes. If you’d like me to help you with the plan, the formula, and the tools to make it happen, then let’s schedule a time to talk. Just go to TopSecrets.com/call. That’s TopSecrets.com/call.
Dominating your market is possible, but it won’t happen by accident. Go to www.TopSecrets.com/call.
Ready to Identify and Dominate Your Market?
If so, check out the five primary ways we help promotional product distributors grow:
- Just Getting Started? If you (or someone on your team) is just getting started in promotional products sales, learn how we can help.
- Need Clients Now? If you’re already grounded in the essentials of promotional product sales and just need to get clients now, click here.
- Want EQP/Preferential Pricing? Are you an established industry veteran doing a significant volume of sales? If so, click here to get End Quantity Pricing from many of the top supplier lines in the promo industry.
- Time to Hire Salespeople? If you want to hire others to grow your promo sales, click here.
- Ready to Dominate Your Market? If you’re serious about creating top-of-mind-awareness with the very best prospects in your market, schedule a one-on-one Strategy Session here.