Success in promotional products sales begins with targeting the right prospects and clients. For my money, that means the top buyers of promotional products — the people and industries with the best capacity to buy.
So which industries historically spend the most money on promotional products?
They’re listed below… but please take note: not every business within each of these industries will be a good prospect for you. There are good and bad prospects within each industry.
Your goal is to find the leaders. Those who understand and appreciate the value of promotional products… or at least those who are willing to become educated about that value.
For more details on effective prospecting, reference Top Secrets of Multi-Million Dollar Producers.
Top Secrets of Promotional Products Sales
2. Business Services (B2B)
6. Construction: Building Trades, Building Supplies
7. Higher Education
8. Food & Beverage
9. Non-Profit/Not-For-Profit Organizations
11. Education K-12
15. Energy, Utilities, Waste Treatment
16. Recreation/Team Sports
20. Oil & Gas
23. Real Estate
24. Personal Services (B2C)
25. Media & Publishing
28. Learning & Development
This list ranks the top purchasers of promotional products according to the 2020 U.S. Distributors’ Promotional Products Sales report prepared by Michaela Mora at relevantinsights.com for PPAI.
Ready to Grow Your Sales & Profits?
If so, check out the five primary ways we help promotional product distributors grow:
- Just Getting Started? If you (or someone on your team) is just getting started in promotional products sales, learn how we can help.
- Need Clients Now? If you’re already grounded in the essentials of promotional product sales and just need to get clients now, click here.
- Want EQP/Preferential Pricing? Are you an established industry veteran doing a significant volume of sales? If so, click here to get End Quantity Pricing from many of the top supplier lines in the promo industry.
- Time to Hire Salespeople? If you want to hire others to grow your promo sales, click here.